01 School Unit
Zhob is a small town and district capital of Zhob District in Balochistan. Zhob is located on the banks of Zhob River. The city was originally known as Appozai named after a nearby village. During the colonial era it was named Fort Sandeman. It obtained its current name in 30 July 1976 when the then Prime Minister of Pakistan, Zulfikar Ali Bhutto had the name changed. The district of Zhob was formed in 1890, with Fort Sandeman as the capital. Unlike most of Balochistan, Zhob does on occasions receive rainfall from the monsoon though this occurs very erratically. It has a road connection with Punjab through DG Khan; with Khyber Pakhtunkhwa through DI Khan; and is connected by air with Islamabad, Peshawar, DI Khan, Multan and Quetta.
About TFGS Zhob
The model of Taaleem Foundation Grammar School was replicated in Zhob in the year 1991 after establishing the first school in Kohlu. The property for the school was donated by a family trust – Asad Memorial Trust. Additional construction was completed through the support from generous community leaders such as Jaffar Khan Mandokhail. Today, the facility is able to accommodate 1000 students.
The School has played a vital role in uplifting the literacy rate in the area. The school has been providing quality education since 1991 and is the second oldest school in the chain. An education revolution has been initiated between the beautiful and serene flora and fauna of Zhob.
The school is being led by Ms. Zobaria Kazmi originally from Hassan Abdaal. She holds a Master degree in English Literature from Sargodha University. She has an experience of about 22 years in the education sector. She started her career as a teacher at Famous Elementary school Hassan Abdaal. She then joined Taaleem Foundation as a Subject Specialist and promoted as Vice-Principal. During 2020 she was elevated to the position of principal at TFGS Zhob.
It is located in the tranquil surroundings of Zhob Cantonment, which is about 350 kilometers from Quetta and 400 kilometers from Multan. The school comprises of 20 classrooms, multipurpose hall, library, computer center, dispensary and adequate staff residences.